For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), any personal data provided to or gathered by us is controlled as a data controller by Magic Media Works Limited whose registered address is c/o TTKW, 13-15 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AD, England, UK.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
1. personal data that you provide when you use the website or the Music Service. This may include any information you give us by filling in forms on the website or Service, including when you register to use our website or Service, place an order through the website or Service, post material or request further services or information. The personal data you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and personal description. All credit card information is entered into the payment system of our payment providers, and we do not see or keep these details;
2. personal data that third parties provide to us about you. For example, if, at any time, we enable you to connect your ROXI account with a social network, we may collect personal data from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network;
3. personal data relating to any transaction you make on the website or Service. We may also collect information about your usage, such as when and how often you use our website and Service;
4. if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details;
5. personal data you provide to us when you set up a new profile on the Service. Please do not provide us with any personal data of any other person without their express consent and without telling them about this policy;
6. data that you upload to, or choose to share through, our website and Service including profile information, your interests, likes and dislikes or any other personal data and content that you upload or share; and
7. data about your music listening preferences and behavior which we may automatically collect. This may include the tracks you play (including how many times you play them and how long you listen to them for), the frequency of your use of the Service, the playlists you curate, the tracks you mark as favorites, and the tracks you indicate you like or dislike; and
8. data that you provide us by entering into any promotions or completing surveys on our website or Service or as carried out by our approved third parties.
Uses made of the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
When you use the website or Service, certain information may be stored locally on your device using ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser or your device’s local storage. Cookies store limited information about the user of the device, such as the device model, manufacturer, screen resolution, device capabilities, service provider and country and city location data. This helps us to identify how users use our website and Service so that we can continue to develop and improve them and so that we can provide you with content which is more relevant to your interests. We may also use this information for reporting and analytics purposes.
We use the following cookies on our Service:
For more information about what cookies are and how they can be controlled, please visit the third party educational resource www.allaboutcookies.org.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you is stored on information technology systems located in the EEA which are operated by us or on our behalf. Some data processing is carried out on our behalf by third parties which may operate outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers (or the servers of our suppliers). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your data from disclosure to unauthorized third parties. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Although these measures are typically effective, use of the internet and related computer systems is inherently vulnerable to unauthorized access or “hacking.” No guarantee can be given that all information you provide to us will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. Thus, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and any transmission is at your own risk.
Certain parts of our website and Service may include social networking features. Please ensure that when you use these features, you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the information below.
Under California law, web site operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable data of a consumer over time and across third party website, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers’ personally identifiable data over time and across third-party websites. This law also requires website operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable data about their users’ online activities over time and across different websites when the users use the operator’s website. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personally identifiable data about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our website.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Magic Media Works Limited trading as The ROXI is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09054377. Our registered office is at c/o TTKW, 13-15 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6AD.